You might be wondering, “Why the heck do I have to clean my gutters?”
The simple answer is this: it costs a lot more not to clean your gutters. Gutter cleaning is super cheap in comparison!
What we’re talking about here is routine maintenance, just like with your car or anything else valuable you own. Sure, changing your oil is a bit of a hassle, but if you skip it for long enough, your car’s engine will grind to a halt and you’ll have the world’s most expensive molten metal paperweight.
The same thing is true with your gutters and your house. Let’s go into the details a little bit more.
Sacramento gutter cleaning can save you a ton of money
Gutters collect a lot of debris hanging there off the roof of your house – grass, weeds, seeds, leaves, twigs – it’s a lot. And if you leave it all up there, you eventually get some scum, mold, rot, and a partridge in a pear tree, too.
No, really! Birds will nest in your gutter if you don’t keep it clean.
But that’s only the beginning of your problems. A full gutter can’t do the main thing you need a gutter to do: properly drain water and put it where it needs to go to protect your property. When gutters are clean, water flows through them and goes exactly where your home’s designers decided it should go. Your home interior stays nice and dry. When your gutter is full, this system breaks down. Water can collect around the base of your house. Instead of being in control of water flow on your property, now Mother Nature is in control, and Mother Nature can do some damage when she’s in the mood to.
The damage caused by full gutters that haven’t been serviced by any gutter cleaning companies Sacramento
- Black mold. Ok. Your gutters are full and water is now collecting around the base of your house. It seeps into the interior and brings with it tons of black mold spore: one of a homeowner’s worst enemies. Once it’s in, it’s extremely hard to get out – and worse, it’s toxic. Black mold is harmful to the health of everyone in your house, right down to the pets. You’ll have to hire a remediation company to get rid of it, and you’ll probably need to leave your house and stay somewhere else (maybe a hotel) while it gets handled. Expensive!
- Damage to shingles, paint, and fascia. A heavy, full gutter is going to spread rot to your paint and start to compromise your shingles. There’s also the issue of all that weight! Your gutter is attached to a board that runs along your roof edge called a “fascia board.” The gutter is supposed to be light, but when it gets full of junk, it gets heavy and can pull the board excessively, damaging it. Now we’re talking about costly repairs to your fascia and perhaps the gutter itself.
- Frame damage. Yes, it’s true! Water heading into your home where it doesn’t belong can rot your framing wood and cause structural damage. We won’t even quote numbers here. This stuff gets ridiculous, and simple routine gutter maintenance from a gutter cleaning company in Sacramento is a lot cheaper.
Leave it to the pros – Always Shine! One of the top gutter cleaning companies Sacramento
You might be tempted to clean out your gutters yourself, but there’s a few reasons it might be better to simply leave it to the pros.
- We’re fully trained in gutter cleaning, but also gutter assessment, testing, and repair. It’s one thing to pull handfuls of leaves out of a gutter – it’s another to leave a gutter system knowing it works just like it should. Always Shine can do the whole job right from start to finish.
- We’ve got all the equipment needed to do the job properly. This includes special attachments for power washers and blowers, ladders, replacement parts and hardware, and more. If you want a job done right, you need the right tools!
- We can handle the full job, which includes getting rid of gutter debris, clearing downspouts, and ensuring everything is working and draining properly. We also have optional roof blow offs and debris removal.
If you need a gutter cleaning company in Sacramento, please consider Always Shine. We’re reliable, professional, and offer cost effective plans that will take gutter maintenance off your mind for good.